Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, braised chicken with artichokes and olives. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Pat the chicken dry and season salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, working in batches if necessary, and cook.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook braised chicken with artichokes and olives using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives:
- Take 2 Lemons
- Take 4 medium artichokes, about 1 1/2 pounds (I used 3 12 oz cans for this recipe)
- Get 3 1/2 pounds bone in chicken pieces
- Prepare 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Take 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Get 1 Large Onion, quartered
- Take 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil, more as
- Take needed
- Make ready 4-5 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- Take 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- Prepare Pinch red pepper flakes
- Make ready 3/4 cup dry white wine
- Make ready 1/3 cup pitted olives, halved (use black, green
- Make ready or a mix)
- Prepare 2 large rosemary branches
- Prepare 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Get Chives or mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
Stir in the chicken broth, artichokes, green olives, lemon zest and lemon juice. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Pat the chicken dry and season salt and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or heavy soup pot over medium-high heat.
Instructions to make Braised Chicken With Artichokes and Olives:
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pat the chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and pepper. In a large (12 inch) ovenproof skillet with a lid (or a large pot). Heat oil over medium-high heat. - Add chicken pieces and sear in batches until well browned, 5 to 7 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add artichokes, onion and garlic to pan, adding more oil if needed, and cook, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in wine and stir in olives, rosemary branches and grated zest of 1/2 lemon (do not discard after zesting). Return chicken to pan. Bring liquid to a simmer.
- Cover pan and transfer to oven. Cook until chicken is tender, 30 to 35 minutes (check white meat after 25 minutes and remove from oven if done). Transfer chicken to a plate and place - skillet over medium-high heat. Simmer until pan juices thicken and become sauce like, about 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in butter.
- Squeeze juice of remaining lemon half over pan and serve garnished with chives or mint if you like. Serve with rice because the sauce is really good!
Add the artichokes to the lemon water. Spread the flour on a plate and season well with salt and pepper. Lightly toss the chicken in the seasoned flour, shaking off the excess. In a large fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food braised chicken with artichokes and olives recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!